Automate email when a value change

Hi guys,

I would like to know if a trick exist to send an email to X from a team table when a certain event happened (value changed, value = Z) when action A (new record, etc…).

let me know.

thx in advance.

Hi @miguel, that’s not possible natively in Stacker but you can set up Zapier to do it — there’s a tutorial in our help docs here: https://support.stackerhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/8679993025555-Sending-an-email-with-Zapier

The tutorial covers a new record being created, but you could equally set it up for when a record changes (or both!).

Let me know if you need help setting it up.

Hey Oli, thx for your answer.
I can imagine, when you say change, that could be some conditional event.
Like if the field A > X sends an email through Zapier.

if yes. dope!

Hi @miguel, sorry I missed this last week!

You can do that but it will depend on your workflow in terms of how many Zaps it uses. Basically every time your database changes, it will trigger the Zap. So if the database changes a lot you could find you Zap usage going up a lot.

To make it only change under specific circumstances, you’d then need to add a “filter” step in Zapier that says “Only proceed when A → X” Within a Filter, you can choose the “X” but not the “A”, IE you filter based on the NEW value within a field, not the original value. Hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like